Sunday, May 27, 2012

WIP - 1/7 Captain Liliana, Pt. 2

-blows dust off blog-

I haven't abandoned it I swear!

Sorry that it's been a bit, but the weather is warmer and I like to play outside in the dirt and plant things!  And I've had some presents in the form of watercolors to do...but no more!  On to the figure painting! 

Back to DeeDee, who has been a thorn in my side the past bit.  So many friggin' ruffles!  Who's idea was it to put so many ruffles on a pirate kit?  Pirates aren't frilly and fancy ...ok, maybe in the world of anime they are, but still.

I have to admit, I am a bad WIP record-keeper, I was so caught up in painting her, I didn't take many pictures... .  I will be better though!  I now have a Post-it note on my desk reminding me to take pictures next time.  But for now I'll share what I have.

First off, the base.  I wanted to look kind of pirate-ish, so I decided to do wooden planking for it!  I got some wide popsicle sticks and cut the ends off to make them square (or rectangle, however you prefer to look at it, they aren't rounded off anymore is my point!)

Next I glued them to my wooden base.

Finally I stained the top of it a dark walnut color, and painted a black border.  I dotted black marks at the end of each plank for nails.


Sealed it flat, and I have a boat deck! Sort of...anyways, I painted DeeDee's outfit to match PeeDee's:  purple coat, yellow skirt.  I ended up having to handpaint the ungodly amount of ruffles .  That was frustrating.

I decided to paint her eyes a bright green to make them stand out against all of that purple and yellow.  Took about six tries, but I finally got them to look good, and the same size and shape for once .


Yep, I'm happy with that face!  But, unfortunately, that's all the pictures I have!   

She is now finished and put together, but they will come in a couple of days in another post!  Until then, time to move on to another figure...and actually take in-progress pictures and not be lazy .  More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment