Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WIP - 1/7 Captain Lilliana

It's been a little bit since I posted...been busy with other things.  Like contest figures.  I can't reveal those yet per contest rules, but as soon as I can, I will!

Anyways, Raquel has been put to the side for the time being; I have better figures to work on.  A friend of mine has a table for the upcoming gun show in Fayetteville and has said I could possibly put a figure or two to display and sell there!  Woot!  I better get busy!  

The primary figure is on its way here (hopefully it will get here in time to paint), but for the time being I'm going to work on a back up.  Meet the pirate, Captain Lilliana!


She is from the anime Queen's Blade, which from what I read doesn't seem to be one I'd be too interested in watching....to say the least....But when I saw her, I was struck with sudden inspiration !


PIRATE PRIDE BABY!!!   

For those of you who don't know, I'm an East Carolina University fan, and if all goes as planned I'll be graduating from there in about two years.  I'll be using PeeDee the Pirate's color scheme for her, like so:


So Lilliana shall become an ECU Pirate and henceforth be known as DeeDee, PeeDee's Japanese pirate cousin.  So, onto the actual work.

Overall, she wasn't a bad cast, pretty average actually.  Some sanding to get rid of unsightly seams and flash and she is ready to go!  Well, almost...I have a couple of issues...dang it...


First was the skirt, it didn't want to line up right.  And it sort of floated on her hips instead of fitting on them because the pieces were a little too long.  So I had to cut about a quarter of an inch off of one half.  I sawed her torso in half so I could go ahead and fix the skirt together permanently and slip it on from the top.  Now for the coat...


 More gaps!    

I can't put the coat together like I can the skirt, DeeDee is too...erm..."well endowed" shall we say...to pop into the fully assembled coat.  I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to approach fixing it.  Probably will involve Milliput.  Geez, what a pain. 

I'm off to try and fix this mess so I can prime her in the next day or so.  More on my pirate wench later...

ARRRGH MATEYS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment