Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP - Kitty Girls

Because I am a rather impatient and attention span challenged person, I have to occupy my time with something else in between paint coats on the Angel.  So in the meantime, I shall prep my next project! 
Next on my table is a pseudo diorama of adorable itty, bitty, kitty girls! 

The six piece set of little kitties are on their way here, but in the mean time, I can work on the bigger kitty girl.  But trust me, she might be bigger than the other six, but she's still TINY, the smallest kit I've worked on to date.  She fits in the palm of my hand!


Yep, that's pretty small.  Overall she is a pretty good cast, not much in the way of sanding except for where the pour tabs were.  Her parts break down for her upper body is a bit...well, strange to me though ...

As you can see, the parts don't line up very well.  Which means...putty ...


Have I mentioned how much I hate puttying?  Well, let me say again, for the record...

I HATE PUTTYING!!!!!!


...Right, sorry you had to see that.  Well, I put my own hatred to the side for the good of the figure, and puttied that gap between her shoulders.


And then, me and my clumsy self, broke her right ear as I was cutting the tab off, and lost the piece .  Time for a little sculpting.


After the epoxy putty cured, I sanded it down to refine the shape.


Good as new!  Or at least as close as it will get.  She is ready for primer now though, so off I go to prime her !

...Or not, stupid tropical storm...

More on these little girls later.

No comments:

Post a Comment