I have so much on my plate right now that my Elf and Unicorn have been put to the side due to some figures with actual deadlines !
I have three figures that I'm entering in E2046's GK contest, but I can't show you any WIP pictures of those per contest rules until it's over (not that there's much to show anyways, other than me being upset with them ...). But I do have a commission that I have been tasked with, so whenever I get ready to my contest figures, I pull out these girls and work on them...
For those of you not well versed in the world of anime, meet Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune! My commission is a 1/8 set of these lovely ladies, so let's see what we have here, starting with Neptune...
She isn't too bad, just a few hiccups. I sanded the seam on her legs and some little air bubbles appeared that will require some putty.
Her shoes need some work too. The seam ran all the way down to the end, and I need to build her heel back up a bit to make it level with the ground.
Her hands also need some work; they also had some pretty bad seams and air bubbles in between fingers.
I also went ahead and puttied a gap in between the two hair pieces. It will require a bit more work, but I can't do that really until final assembly. The shape of her head means I can't just put them together then pop it in afterwards . Before I start the major amount of putty work, I pinned her to check for gaps.
No major gaps to be seen here! That makes me happy, all I have to do is putty a bit and so some finish sanding and she'll be ready for primer !
Uranus on the other hand...is an entirely different story ...
First I found this kind of strange. In a few places, the resin is kinda of...swirly looking . It doesn't seem to affect the quality that I can tell, just seems to be a cosmetic thing. It'll be covered with primer and paint, just thought it was weird.
Seams, seams EVERYWHERE too !
Oh boy, that's a lot of sanding to do. Well, I went ahead and checked the fit too. There is a small gap between her skirt and torso that needs to be puttied.
Luckily I have now reached a point I don't mind puttying and sanding so much. Which is good because I have a couple of kit mods coming eventually too.
I checked her arms next, and saw that they aren't wanting to fit correctly either .
That's an easy fix though, just will require some hot water to bend them the way they need to go.
At least the head fits ok...
Kind of looks like she's yelling at me. "LOOK! Quit with the stupid pictures and fix me already!!"
Working on it, I promise ...
Finally we have the bases.
As you can see they didn't look too great. One is taller than the other and they don't line up quite right. Luckily my customer doesn't want a stone like base though, but guess what kind she wants?!
Ok fine, she wants a GALAXY BASE !!! I LOVE PAINTING GALAXY BASES !!!
So I've working on making them even and getting rid of that stone texture on top and in between in the crack.
Much better! There's still some touch up putty work to be done but it's on the right track. I decided to leave them in separate pieces for two reasons: One, for display purposes, so that they can be pulled apart. And two, for shipping. The figures stand very close to each other when they are on the bases, and shipping them separately will just end up being safer overall. I sanded off the tiny little line on the lip because it wasn't very even all the way around, but I plan on replacing it with something else .
I've already sent a color palette for the customer's approval today, hopefully it won't be much longer before I can start painting. The Sailor Moon dork in me always gets excited about painting Senshi stuff !!!