Sunday, June 24, 2012

WIP - Kitty Girls, Pt. 2

I got my itty, bitty, kitty girls! 

I knew these girls were small but HOLY CRAP...
I've seen gaming miniatures that were bigger  !!!
 

Man, that's friggin' tiny!  The smaller ones aren't even an inch tall!  Lots of handpainting, lots and lots of handpainting will be involved...  


Well, time to get to work.  Here's a little preview of what I'm sort of aiming for.


The two little kitties in front and the one by her leg need to be modded to fit more what I had in mind.  I changed arm positions and facial expressions to make each one different.  But of course what did this dummy forget to do?  
Take pictures...I really need to move my note...  

So I fixed them to the way I wanted, then primed them.  Time to paint!  I airbrushed the big kitty girl and the little kitty girls' skin.  Each of the little ones will have different colored hair and dresses!  The dresses were handpainted, then shaded with pastels, like so.

  
Next I airbrushed the bigger little kitties' hair...

   
So a blonde, brunette, and a red head walk into a bar...erm...nevermind...that's about where I'm at with the kitties.  Time to start thinking about a base.

I was thinking about putting a piece of scrapbook paper or fabric the base, but nothing I found would really go with it.  It's hard to match a base to figures that are every color of the flippin' rainbow.  So I decided the little kitties will just make a mess, hence the big girl looks so annoyed.


I briefly thought about putting spatters on the girls as well, but I just can't bring myself to make a mess of my hard work !

Not much to do with the girls now, I just hope the weather cooperates so I can seal them this week...it has been WAAAY too hot to do anything at the moment ...

'Til next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment